Note: Inclusion of any of the below resources does not constitute endorsement. Neither does exclusion necessarily signify lack of endorsement for any particular resource. The below listing is by no means exhaustive.
Helpful Adult ADHD Websites & Blogs
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- National Resource Center on ADHD – “What We Know” fact sheets
- Resources for College Students with ADHD
- Children & Adults with ADHD (CHADD)
- ADD Resources
- ADDitude Magazine
- National Association of Professional Organizers
- Totally ADD
- LD Online
- 18 Channels: An ADHD Life
- ADD Consults
Books on Adult ADHD
- Driven to Distraction
- Delivered From Distraction
- Adult ADD: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
- Journeys Through ADDulthood
- Smart but Stuck: Emotions in Teens and Adults with ADHD
- Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It
- Poems, Pathways and Peace: A Baby Boomer’s Journey With ADHD
- The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps
- Is it You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.: Stopping the Roller Coaster When Someone You Love Has Attention Deficit Disorder
- Married to Distraction
- You, Your Relationships & Your ADD
Women and ADHD
- The Queen of Distraction: How Women with ADHD Can Conquer Chaos, Find Focus, and Get More Done
- Women With Attention Deficit Disorder: Embrace Your Differences and Transform Your Life
- Understanding Women with AD/HD
- Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms, & Post-its
- Understanding Girls with ADHD, Updated and Revised: How They Feel and Why They Do What They Do
Strategies for Coping with ADHD
- ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life
- Taking Charge of Adult ADHD
- ADD in the Workplace: Choices, Changes and Challenges
- Adventures in Fast Forward: Life, Love and Work for the ADD Adult
- More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Stories for Adults with ADHD
- Permission to Proceed
- Living Well with ADHD
- The Disorganized Mind: Coaching Your ADHD Brain to Take Control of Your Time, Tasks, and Talents
- Understand Your Brain, Get More Done: The ADHD Executive Functions Workbook
- The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD: An 8-Step Program for Strengthening Attention, Managing Emotions, and Achieving Your Goals
- FAST MINDS: How to Thrive If You Have ADHD (Or Think You Might)
- The ADHD Advantage: What You Thought Was a Diagnosis May Be Your Greatest Strength
- Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD, 2nd Edition-Revised and Updated: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
- Your Life Can Be Better, Using Strategies for Adult ADD/ADHD
Apps for Individuals with Adult ADHD
- Listastic – A shared to-do & task list app to help keep life in a little more order.
- Coach.me – An app that helps you put your goals into action.
- ADHD Health Storylines Mobile App– All your tools for managing Adult ADHD in one place.
- 30/30– Allows you to set sequential countdown timers to get through each of your daily tasks.
- ADHD Alarm Clock app– This app is designed to help those with Adult ADHD get to work, school, or their first appointment on time every day.
- Due– A place to put all your mundane reminders.
- Evernote– Collect, nurture, and share ideas across desktop and mobile platforms.
- HomeRoutines– An app to manage all of your chores.
- Waze– Save time getting to your destination and gas money.
- Wunderlist– Allows users to create lists to manage their tasks on many devices, mobile as well as desktop.
- Out of Milk– Simplify grocery shopping.
- Mint– Manage your finances, set your bill reminders, check your credit score.
Assistive Technology Tools
- ADHD Vibrating Reminder Watch
- ADHD Alarm Clocks – Clocky, Sonic Bomb, Peaceful Progression Aromatherapy and Nature Sounds, Sonic Alert
- Aqua Notes Waterproof Note Pad for the Shower
- Nightwave Sleep Assistant
- Wall Hanging Organizer
- Tile Mate – Key Finder. Phone Finder. Anything Finder
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen: Captures everything you hear and write so students can go back and review difficult concepts as many times as they need to. ADHD students often have a hard time
taking notes and listening at the same time; the smartpen takes the pressure off having to take in everything the first time around. The smartpen also eliminates the need for expensive traditional human note takers in higher education, giving ADHD students more independence.
- Kurzweil Software: Helps with reading, as focusing and concentrating on text can be challenging for ADHD students. Kurzweil transforms text into speech and also highlights text while students read, aiding in retention.
- Inspiration Software: A visual learning tool that pairs words with images, turning concepts into graphs, maps, and charts to represent larger ideas and themes. This helps ADHD students organize and track large amounts of information, which is helpful for organizing essays or research projects.
Dragon Naturally Speaking: This software turns speech into text. Some teachers encourage ADHD students to use it for free writing and brainstorming so they can get words on paper as they are beginning a new writing assignment.
- Comfort Contego System: A wireless assistive listening device that captures what is being said in a lecture, processes the sound so the speech is enhanced and background noise filtered out, and then transmitted to a wireless receiver. This system is traditionally used for the hearing impaired, but it is also an excellent tool for students with ADHD to help them focus in the classroom and filter out background noise.
- Read & White Gold: Literacy software is a scan and read program that helps students, particularly those with learning disabilities such as ADHD, with reading, writing, studying, and research. Features include text-to-speech functions, screenshot readers, a digital dictionary, a spell checker, and speak-while-typing capabilities.
Evernote: A cloud-based note taking system that lets teachers and students share and search their notes on any device, anywhere. ADHD students can use Evernote as a free organizational tool to help stay on top of schoolwork.
Titan Note Advanced Note Taking Device: Place Titan Note on your table during class or a meeting, and it will not only record everything but accurately convert it to text. Titan Note is a groundbreaking tool that will improve your learning by changing how you take notes. Distinguish who is speaking, summarize, translate, share and edit your notes.
Private, Discreet, and Confidential Consultation
Due to a high volume of inquiries, Dr. Ascher may not be able to return phone calls, so please fill out the contact form on this website and Dr. Ascher will try his best to answer promptly. If the practice is full, Dr. Ascher will try his best to refer you to a trusted colleague based on your individual needs.
Please share this post!