To support individuals who have chosen to abstain, or are considering abstinence from any type of addictive behaviors (substances or activities), by teaching how to change self-defeating thinking, emotions, and actions; and to work towards long-term satisfactions and quality of life.
* Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
* Encourages individuals to recover and live satisfying lives.
* Teaches tools and techniques for self-directed change.
* Meetings are educational and include open discussions.
* Advocates the appropriate use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
* Evolves as scientific knowledge of addiction recovery evolves.
SMART Recovery 4-Point Program
SMART Recovery (Self Management And Recovery Training) helps individuals gain independence from addiction (substances or activities). Our efforts are based on scientific knowledge and evolve as scientific knowledge evolves.
The 4-Point Program offers specific tools and techniques for each of the program points:
Point 1: Building and Maintaining Motivation
Point 2: Coping with Urges
Point 3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
Point 4: Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery Tools & Techniques
The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program employs a variety of tools and techniques to help individuals gain independence from addiction and addictive behaviors. Participants are encouraged to learn how to use each tool and to practice the tools and techniques as they progress toward Point 4 of our program — achieving lifestyle balance and leading a fulfilling and healthy life. These tools include:
– Stages of Change
– Change Plan Worksheet
– Cost/Benefit Analysis (Decision Making Worksheet)
– ABCs of REBT for Urge Coping
– ABCs of REBT for Emotional Upsets
– DISARM (Destructive Images and Self-talk Awareness & Refusal Method)
– Hierarchy of Values
– Role-playing and Rehearsing
– USA (Unconditional Self-Acceptance)